Sunday, October 26, 2008

The eve of traslocare.

It seems like the focus of every one of my postings to date has been the expectation of something else big on the horizon. First I was waiting for the wedding and related fracas, for the weeks in between it has been the end of work and the beginning of Italy. So now, I move to Italy...tomorrow. It's such a funny thing to even say to myself.

I was at Myopic today (for those of you not Chicagoans, a fantastic used bookstore) attempting to sell some books and overheard a guy talking to one of the employees. He said that he's in a band from Italy who are here for a week. After they were done the conversation I bumped into him while milling around the store...waiting for Myopic to not buy any of my books (boo). I asked him where in Italy he lives since I'm moving to Milan tomorrow. No matter how many times I say it, it still sounds ridiculous. Maybe when I'm there (with Bill yay!) tomorrow, it won't sound so crazy.

There are lots of worries dancing through my mind right now that I could/should be writing about. There is much time for worry. Right now I'll focus on the strange reality that is my own. I'll write about the fears tomorrow...or better yet after Bill has gone back to our life in Chicago and I have nothing but time to kill.

No comments: